Ready to get started? Click here to fill out our Volunteer Application Form.
Volunteer to Nourish your Community
To meet the ever-increasing need in the community, we are in need of more volunteers! CCEFS relies on the hard work of generous and dedicated volunteers like you for everything we do!
We are serving more families than ever, and we need YOUR help to keep going! There is a lot to do every day, and we wouldn’t be able to keep up without our incredible volunteers.
We need your help to to pick up rescued food, sort and stock donations, and help serve families in need. We ask that most volunteers commit to serving two or more shifts per month, though many of our volunteers serve more than once a week. Please keep in mind that most positions at the food shelf require being on your feet on a concrete floor throughout your shift.
Some volunteer duties include:
On-Site Food Shelf Operation:
• Organizing and sorting fresh produce, deli, meat, frozen food, and dairy products
• Packaging food for drive-up food distribution service
• Sorting and packing donations
• Helping unload food from delivery and food rescue trucks
• Stocking and organizing shelves
• Preparing drive-up service with the items to be distributed for the day
• Assisting with the car-side customer intake process
• Helping clients select items from our drive-up choice rack
• Loading food directly into customer’s cars
• Directing traffic during drive-up service
• Picking up food donations from community partners/food drives
• Helping with language translation
Mobile Food Shelf Operation:
- Using rolling carts to unload and re-load the delivery truck
- Preparing drive-up service with the items to be distributed for the day
- Greeting clients and meeting with them for intake, where we collect their information for our records
- Loading food directly into customer’s cars
- Directing traffic during drive-up service
We also welcome volunteers who are interested in serving in other capacities on specialty tasks:
- Data Entry
- Graphic Design
- Public Relations and Communication
- Website and Social Media Management
- Event Coordination
- Volunteer Coordination
- Office Technology Management
- Building/Facility Maintenance
If you would like to help out, please fill out a Volunteer Application Form. We would love to hear from you!