Organization: CCEFS is a food shelf located in Oakdale, MN that serves thousands of households each month through a variety of programs: Food Market, Wildcard Wednesday, Produce Fairs, and Mobile Food Shelf programs.
Position: The Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator will coordinate our food shelf’s volunteer program and will have primary responsibility for our Produce Fair and Wildcard Wednesday programs. The Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator will also support outreach for food shelf programs and food drives.
Hours: This position is an hourly part-time position, generally Monday-Friday, with Produce Fairs every 2nd and 4th Saturday mornings. Hours may vary but will average 32 hours per week.
Reports to: Executive Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, welcome, and provide training for new volunteers
- Maintain the Volgistics volunteer database and assist volunteers with questions about the database and shift scheduling features
- Provide training resources and information to all volunteers via the Volgistics volunteer platform, e-newsletters, and other communications
- Manage the agency’s volunteer recognition program
Program Coordination and Outreach
- Coordinate volunteers and operations for two key agency programs: Wildcard Wednesday and Produce Fairs
- Report all program data monthly to Second Harvest Heartland
- Communicate with Second Harvest about food deliveries and invoices
- Ensure that program supplies are stocked and ready for each service
- Manage communications with volunteer groups, including churches and other community groups
- Represent the programs in meetings and at public events to maintain and develop new relationships with partners
- Support food drive outreach and recognize food drive donors
- Engage the public through social media posts about our programs
Qualifications & Experience:
- Nonprofit volunteer or work experience preferred, preferably in the area of basic needs
- Ability to manage many aspects of a program and work independently
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and online databases to accomplish goals
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Physical ability to load and unload boxes and bags on a regular basis, up to 30 pounds
- Ability to multi-task
Compensation: Pay will be based on qualifications. This position will be eligible for PTO and health insurance with a 50% employer-paid premium, with additional employee-paid benefits available.
How to apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will be open until filled. Preference given to applications received on or before July 20th.