Organization: CCEFS is a food shelf located in Oakdale, MN that serves thousands of households each month through a variety of programs: Food Market, Wildcard Wednesday, Produce Fairs, and Mobile Food Shelf programs.
Position: The Food Rescue & Mobile Food Shelf Program Coordinator will coordinate the pickup of fresh produce and other grocery items from local grocers and deliver them to our food shelf. The position will also coordinate our Mobile Food Shelf program, which currently delivers food to five local senior living communities (with the goal to increase the number of sites)
Driving our 16 ft box truck is a required element of this position.
Hours: This position is an hourly part-time position, Monday-Friday. Hours may vary but will average 32 hours per week.
Reports to: Executive Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
Food Rescue program:
- Load, transport, unload and store donated food from local grocers to CCEFS food shelf or other CCEFS partners.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with grocery store staff to minimize interruption to their regular activities while picking up food. Maintain positive relationships with local grocers and communicate with Food Rescue partners about any program changes, including date or pick up time alterations
- Identify opportunities as they arise to improve efficiency or yield to the food rescue program.
- Train, oversee and work alongside Food Rescue volunteers
- Ensure food safety and quality guidelines are being met
- Load and unload food rescue product
- Lift boxes of product and use pallet jack to move and load product
- Log and maintain records of incoming products and related information
- Support growth and change within the Food Rescue Program as needed
- Perform miscellaneous pickups and drop-offs including large food drives/donations
- Maintain vehicle in safe and proper working condition.
Mobile Food Shelf program:
- Coordinate with each of our Mobile Food Shelf senior living site partners to deliver food to program participants each month. Communicate with site managers to receive list of people receiving food at each site, and maintain files for all documentation required for the program.
- Recruit, train and communicate with volunteers who assist with the packing and delivery of food to sites (delivery procedures will vary during the COVID pandemic)
- Drive the Mobile Food Shelf truck and assist with loading and unloading of food
- Represent the program in meetings and at public events to maintain and develop new relationships with partners
- Report monthly program statistics to Second Harvest Heartland
Qualifications & Experience:
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and ability to pass a DOT physical (No CDL license is required)
- Physical ability to load and unload boxes and bags on a regular basis, up to 50 pounds
- Ability to manage many aspects of a program and work independently
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and online databases to accomplish goals
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Nonprofit volunteer experience preferred, preferably in the area of basic needs
Compensation: Pay will be based on qualifications. This position will be eligible for PTO and health insurance with a 50% employer-paid premium, with additional employee-paid benefits available.
How to apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will be open until filled. Preference given to applications received on or before July 20th.