Your collaborative effort can make a huge difference! By sponsoring a food drive at your school, church, workplace, or other organization, you are playing a part in the fight to end hunger in your community. Here are some ideas to make your food drive a hit:
- Competitions: Challenge classrooms, departments, groups, or floors to see who can collect the most. The group with the most items wins a special prize, such as a pizza party or jeans day at the office.
- Loose Change Bin: Set out a jar to collect loose change in a cafeteria, break room, or office. Encourage folks to donate a portion of their lunch or vending machine money to CCEFS.
- Hunger Fast: Encourage your group to skip one meal, giving the money they would have spent to support CCEFS.
- Vote for a Difference: Wouldn’t it be funny to see your boss get hit in the face with a pie? Or make your principle kiss a cow? Have students or employees use their spare change to vote on which individual should complete an agreed upon activity (like kissing a cow). Or, vote on which activity they should do. Another idea would be to set a specific goal (e.g. raise $100), and have your teacher or boss agree to do something (like shave his head!) if you reach it.
- Canstruction: Have a competition between classrooms or grades to see who can build the most creative structure with canned goods. Students and teachers can then vote with their spare change on the structure they like best (challenge: they can’t vote for their own!).
- Theme of the Day: Give each day of the week a theme, and have folks bring an item corresponding to the day’s theme. We might suggest Mac & Cheese Monday, Tomato Sauce Tuesday, or Wash-Up Wednesday, where people bring personal care items such as soap and toothpaste.
- Guessing Game: Fill a jar with a ton of small items (candy is a favorite). Have participants pay 25 cents to guess how many items are in the jar. The closest guess wins the candy and the proceeds can be donated to CCEFS.
We challenge you to use your creativity! Feel free to contact us at 651-233-1296 if you have any questions or need help planning your event.