Did you know that one in ten Minnesota households are affected by hunger? In 2014, there were 3.34 million food shelf visits in the state, amounting to 9,000 people seeking assistance each day. You can join the fight to eliminate hunger in your community by donating groceries and personal care items to CCEFS, where it is our mission to provide service to those in need in a dignified and respectful way.
What We Need Most
CCEFS strives to provide our customers with a variety of nutritious food in order to help support a balanced diet. We also do our best to provide food for customers with specific dietary needs or health concerns, such as gluten intolerance or diabetes. In addition to food, CCEFS offers a variety of household products and personal care items. We highly appreciate your donations of the following popular items:
- Proteins: canned meat (tuna, ham, or chicken), beef stew, chili, peanut butter, canned or dried beans, Boost/Ensure
- Fruits and vegetables: 100% fruit juice, canned fruits and vegetables, jam and jelly, fruit preserves, spaghetti sauce
- Complete meals: pasta, boxed meals, instant potatoes, hearty soups
- Items corresponding to special diets: gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan, low sugar or sugar-free, low sodium, etc.
- Staple foods: sugar, flours, coffee, oils (olive, coconut, palm, corn, canola, etc)
- Garden produce that has been washed
- Infant formula, baby food, and diapers (especially size 5, 6, and pull-ups)
- Items specific to particular ethnic groups
- Personal hygiene products: shampoo, deodorant, soap, diapers, toilet paper, feminine hygiene products, toothpaste, toothbrushes
- Cleaning supplies: laundry detergent, dish detergent, paper towels, kitchen and bathroom cleaners
Please note that we would prefer no glass jars. For safety, we are unable to accept home-canned food.
Looking to get your group involved? Consider sponsoring a food drive.
How To Donate Food
Individuals: Please drop off non-perishable items at the food shelf any time during our business hours: Monday 12PM-4PM, Thursday 3PM-7PM, and Friday 9M-1:30PM. You may also call 651-233-1296 to arrange an appointment to drop off your donations.
Groups/Organizations: Please stop by during our business hours: Monday 12PM-4PM, Thursday 3PM-7PM, and Friday 9M-1:30PM. If you will need assistance unloading a truck, please call 651-233-1296 to make an appointment for drop-off.